Are you unsure of what to think about when creating your holiday content calendar? Here are eight tips to get you started from Business 2 Community that will help :
- Plant the seed early (START TODAY). The beginning of November is the perfect time to start casually mentioning the approaching holiday season. Planting the seed early will start getting followers thinking about the next few months and how they can use your product or services for gifts.
- Provide holiday survival tips (EVERYONE LOVES A GOOD TIP OR 10). The holidays can be hectic; share how your product or service can help your target consumers survive through the upcoming months. Keep these updates light (you don’t want to scare anyone away) and have fun with what your product can do.
- Create a holiday product or service (LIMITED QUANTITIES – CREATES URGENCY). The holidays are a perfect time to introduce a limited-edition product or sale to drive traffic to your site. Being able to access an item for a specific, short term period time creates excitement and urgency for your customers.
- Hold social media contests (WHO DOESNT LOVE A GOOD CONTEST). There are countless ways to get into the holiday spirit here! Just about everyone loves free stuff and a good deal, so add a festive spin by asking your followers to share what they enjoy about your product or service this time of year for a chance to win something special. Or have them share pictures of themselves using your product along with a special holiday hashtag you create, and then pick a special winner for a prize. Here’s a simple guide to holding a social media contest:
- Set a goal (CREATE A CALENDAR).The core foundation of any good social media marketing strategy is knowing what the end result should be. By setting a goal the first time a promotion is held, a business can have a measurable strategy for future promotions. Thinking and reviewing the way you’re going to promote your business will make the goal more achievable. Perhaps you’ll promote through Instagram pictures, or expose your latest deals through Email Marketing? Draw a mindmap to help you.
- Know the rules. Every social media outlet has its own set of rules to abide by. Some of them, like the Facebook terms and conditions, can be really tricky. So, take your time to understand the rules of each platform; the last thing a business needs is to get their social media page shut down in the middle of an important business season.
- Think about consumer engagement. What about the promotion is going to make a fan or follower want to partake? The Social Media Examiner has a pyramid for consumer engagement. From basic sweepstakes to video contests, what will your business do?
- Keep it simple. While there is no doubt that there is a lot of preparation involved when getting a contest, promotion or sweepstake ready; the key to a successful social media contest is to keep it simple for the consumer. Fans are more likely to get involved if the promotion does not require them to fill out too much information.
- Write holiday-themed blog posts.What advice can you offer for the holidays? Have your years in your industry given you any special insight? Share it on your blog! Make sure you promote the post on all your social media channels and in your newsletter.
- Give your social media followers a sneak-peek of employees. If you have any holiday-related work events, take pictures of your team and share them with your customers! You can even post a few pictures of how your team decorated their offices for the fall and winter season. If your employees do any community service as a group, make sure you share the event with your followers too, with a special hashtag.
- Create Holiday Themed Images. Canva is an awesome tool for creating custom images! At Three Girls Media, we use this tool daily to create custom memes and images for ourselves, as well as our clients. With Canva, you can start with their design templates and customize it to fit your business’ branding. You can also design your company’s images to add to the design. They offer a number of free backgrounds, templates, icons, pictures and more so you can create beautiful holiday themed images for your social media accounts. This tool is even great when there isn’t a holiday; use it to create custom brand graphics, quote images and even collages.
- Send holiday greetings to your clients.Let them know you appreciate them and their business by sending a card and/or gift. A simple, “We were thinking of you,” can go a long way when it comes to letting your customers know you care.
Contact Kiwibcreative for help with your content during the holidays or any time….