I know we all think we have the PERFECT COOKIE RECIPE….but I know I do, because they are always gone Christmas Morning : )
2 and 3/4 cups (345 grams) all-purpose flour (spooned & leveled)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (230 grams) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
1 cup (200 grams) brown sugar
1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
2 large eggs room temperature
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 12-ounce package (2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar for 1-2 minutes until well combined. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract one at a time and mix until fully combined.
- Slowly mix in the flour mixture and continue mixing until just combined, then mix in the chocolate chips, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Cover the cookie dough tightly and transfer to the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours.
- Once the dough is almost chilled, preheat the oven to 350°F. Line large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats and set aside.
- Remove the cookie dough from the refrigerator, using a 1.5-2 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop the cookie dough and drop onto the prepared baking sheets. Make sure to leave a little room between each ball of cookie dough as they will spread a little while they bake.
- Bake in separate batches at 350°F for 10-12 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are lightly golden brown and the top is set. Remove from the oven and cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling.