I know we all think we have the PERFECT COOKIE RECIPE….but I know I do, because they are always gone Christmas Morning : )
Cookies are always such a tasty treat. However, did you know that nowadays you can even add CBD oil to your cookie recipe to give it an extra kick? CBD oil has a number of potential health benefits and it is used by people living with mental health conditions such as anxiety and depression to make their symptoms a little easier.
If you would like to use CBD oil in your baking, the oil must be infused into a fatty base ingredient like oil, ghee, or butter. To learn more, check out this guide to some of the best CBD oil products. Essentially, using a pre-made CBD oil allows you to get precise measurements so that you can know exactly how much CBD you get with each serving.
As a rough guide, if you make a batch of 24 cookies, for example, with 100mg of CBD, each cookie will contain approximately 4mg of CBD. Feel free to adjust accordingly to suit your own dosing requirements.
So, whether you want to add CBD to your cookies or not, let us discover my own Christmas cookie recipe!
2 and 3/4 cups (345 grams) all-purpose flour (spooned & leveled)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (230 grams) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
1 cup (200 grams) brown sugar
1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
2 large eggs room temperature
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 12-ounce package (2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar for 1-2 minutes until well combined. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract one at a time and mix until fully combined.
- Slowly mix in the flour mixture and continue mixing until just combined, then mix in the chocolate chips, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Cover the cookie dough tightly and transfer to the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours.
- Once the dough is almost chilled, preheat the oven to 350°F. Line large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats and set aside.
- Remove the cookie dough from the refrigerator, using a 1.5-2 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop the cookie dough and drop onto the prepared baking sheets. Make sure to leave a little room between each ball of cookie dough as they will spread a little while they bake.
- Bake in separate batches at 350°F for 10-12 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are lightly golden brown and the top is set. Remove from the oven and cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling.